- Rep. Todd Akin says that women don’t get pregnant from “legitimate rape” (as opposed to?) because they can will it away or something. It could cost him the Missouri Senate race.
- Are you excited for the Republican Convention? No? Read this anyway if you feel like it.
- This kind of evasion is omnipresent in politics, but it seems to endemic among new congressional candidates.
- I’m not sure I buy the premise, but read Jane Mayer on the President’s fundraising.
- Oh good we can finally settle this: no party has a monopoly on racists.
- Julian Assange takes his one-man, white-topped drama to the balcony of the Ecuadorian embassy in London.
- And because I’m still somewhere between vacation mode and football mode, here’s the woman who might hold the NFL’s future in her glass jars of formaldehyde.