- The economy grew at a 2.8% clip in the final quarter of 2011.
- Romney opens up a 9-point lead on Gingrich in Florida.
- He was spring-loaded every time Newt attacked in last night’s debate:
- But incorrectly claimed all his Fannie and Freddie investments were in a blind trust.
- There were gaps between Romney’s financial disclosure and his tax returns.
- Signs of Establishment mobilization: Bob Dole takes a club to Newt:
I have not been critical of Newt Gingrich but it is now time to take a stand before it is too late. If Gingrich is the nominee it will have an adverse impact on Republican candidates running for county, state, and federal offices. Hardly anyone who served with Newt in Congress has endorsed him and that fact speaks for itself.