- Mitt Romney takes more conservative elite fire after his health care speech, and responds to the Journal‘s bruising op-ed. His thinking seems to be that this might bleed the poison from the system early. Chris Cillizza suggests it might be about proving authenticity, rather than policy.
- Tim Pawlenty, a solid “Not Romney” candidate on paper, attracts some Republican megadonors, including Bob Perry.
- Chris Christie, Haley Barbour and Scott Walker all reportedly pledged support to Daniels if he runs. Laura Bush even called his wife, Cheri.
- Only making the debt ceiling vote harder: a plurality of Americans oppose raising it.
- The White House, in effect, backs Congress’s cybersecurity proposals, lifting a major hurdle.
- Ambinder on JSOC.
- Bin Laden raid captured on SEAL helmet cameras.
- The best line from the lurid Ensign report: “I know exactly what you are doing. Put your pants on and go home.”
- And the delightfully bizarre, boldly pandering, slightly offensive campaign ad of the day: