- The cynic’s view on Obama’s personal affirmation of gay marriage that leaves policy unchallenged in the states.
- His decision to stop defending the Defense of Marriage Act may have been enough to challenge state bans, or at least signal the courts.
- Obama says it’s not a federal issue, but that’s not really true.
- On an unusually busy election day for May, Dick Lugar heads toward defeat in Indiana, Scott Walker gets his recall opponent in Wisconsin and North Carolina prepares to vote down gay marriage.
- Rick Santorum takes the political equivalent of the walk of shame, endorsing Mitt Romney at the very end of a long, late-night e-mail to …
- The U.S. added just 115,000 jobs in April, but BLS revises two prior months up. Unemployment dips to 8.1% thanks to a contracting labor force, now at its lowest participation rate since 1981.
- The State Department gets a new deal with China to bring activist Chen Guangcheng and his family back to the U.S.
- Pimco’s Mohamed El-Erian …