- Sharp Divisions Come to Force as Peace Talks on Syria Begin [NYT]
- Former Virginia Gov. McDonnell: “I Did Nothing Illegal” [Washington Post]
- “The Pentagon has proposed to President Obama that 10,000 American troops remain in Afghanistan when the international combat mission there ends after this year, or none at all, senior government officials said Tuesday.” [NYT]
- Chris Christie is More Nimble Than You Think [Politico]
- Cuccinelli Says Christie Should Leave RGA [CBS News]
- 2014: The Year the Pro-Choice Crowd Fights Back [Politico Magazine]
- American’s Don’t Care as Much About Abortion as the Media Think [Atlantic]
- “Secretary of State John F. Kerry and a former Texas governor are part of an international coalition trying to halt Texas’ execution of a Mexican citizen this week.” [LA Times]
- Governor Snyder Expected to Announce Plan to Guard Detroit Pensions, Art [Detroit Free Press]
- Oklahoma Lawmaker Faces Conservative Skeptics in Senate Bid [TIME]
- How Lawmakers Skirt Law to Keep Their Next Jobs Secret [National Journal]
- “On Tuesday, the 9th Circuit ruled in no uncertain terms that gay people cannot be bumped from a jury due exclusively to their sexual orientation.” [Slate]
- Glenn Beck: “I think I played a role, unfortunately, in helping tear the country apart” [BuzzFeed]
- Lawmakers Won’t Toke Legal Joints [The Hill]
- What’s Missing in “Mitt” [National Journal]
- ” Lots of conservative lawmakers hate Obamacare. Rep. Louie Gohmert is putting his money where his mouth is. The Tyler Republican gave up his health insurance for 2014, asserting that the president’s signature health care law, the Affordable Care Act, has made coverage too expensive.” [Dallas News]
8Q4q7 http://ibi.mobi/ 7943460
1lvQcq http://ebashu24health.com/ 5485054
JRoFm http://sosnihuyca24health.com/ 8750969
78RgqS http://2015pharmacy.com/ 268727
kr08kx http://safeonlineoshop.com 9001205
aEp5vM http://safeinternet-store.com 7734428
CZEu1G2 http://safe-internetstore.com 663350
HTFsx7r http://safeonline-shop.com 254549
JJp6nax http://safeinternetshoping.com 6218478
E0QVsrh http://safeinternetstore.com 5267442
S0AxOz http://safe-internet-shopping.com 9873089
w7YUs http://realerection.com 6510740
S7aHls http://naturemenslife.com 6656616
u6ZNVUV http://manstronglife.com 9305253
PvSYA http://strongerect.com 8663598
XU84Kwr http://menserectlife.com 2133209
1O3MfWI http://menserect.com 6591996
7sFHW http://bestmenserect.com 2359590
Virginia's Attorney General has said that Virginia's ban on same sex marriage is unconstitutional:
Re: Incompetent Community Organizer
"A slim majority of Americans say the Obama administration is not competent at running the government, according to a new poll.
Asked whether the administration under President Barack Obama has been competent in general, 53 percent of registered voters surveyed said no, according to a Quinnipiac poll released Wednesday."
Not my favorite issue, but pro-lifers are now in the majority (third table)
There's a problem with the stat - when you actually dig through the numbers, we find that the definition of pro-life has become very muddled. If we ask them what their opinion is on abortion, some 74% (old stat - two years ago) would have an opinion that would be classified by most in the political field as pro-choice. If we ask them what they identify themselves as, a majority now define themselves as pro-life. So....take it with a grain of salt.
620K Alberta residents' Health Care information stolen. Unencrypted. Information was stolen Sept 26 but they only just decided to maybe tell the Health Minister - idiots.
Based upon what they were saying, I believe my data was in that batch. Thankfully, did not provide a credit or bank card - no money required for my visit - and SIN numbers weren't included so screw it.
Totally Off The Wall OT: Martian officer tickets Opportunity, leaves half-eaten jelly donut on ground:
NASA spokesman states that "...as soon as we receive the ticket in the mail, we will review it...", citing the fact that there was no clearly marked parking spot.
@fitty_three, Marvin may have been trying to feed the Rover. Occam's Razor.
The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that since @colliourehas played his welcome out, he's decided that it's time to whip out the paulejb persona out.
Crocs and Alligators shown using tools as lures to capture prey. Proven to be smarter than the average winger.
@mantisdragon91 "The study took a look at how mugger crocodiles"
Stupid egrets! They have mugger right in their name!
The NBA owners fleeced the players in the last CBA:
The Buss family bought the lakers for $20 million in 1979 (that also included the old Los Angeles Forum). They're now worth 1.35 billion.
Judge to McDonnel: No delay for you!:
I think they are unwinding because they have the capability to crank it up rapidly if they need to.
This is an ego thing. What I think they can claim from this agreement is something along the lines of "we can maintain enrichment at the levels we're currently doing [as far as we've publicly admitted]" while the US can say "they are winding down their capabilities so that they are only capable of civilian level enrichment". Which I don't think is quite true 'cause I could've sworn they were doing medical isotope 20% enrichment while the deal is nuclear power 3-5% enrichment.
Both. Would be the safest bet.
Requires a replacement to be ready. Not saying impossible, just saying that's a simplification.
@sacredh Finally a story that literally has no effect on my life. I'll say the same when Twitter implodes.
Such a luddite I am.
@Paul,nnto, if one of you doesn't ask "Isn't this a mortal sin?", then it's not being done correctly.
@sacredh Wasn't FB MySpace's disease??
@Paul,nnto, we're members of a very small club. I have no cellphone. I've never been on Facebook or MySpace. I've never been on twitter. I still believe that sex can be dirty if done correctly.
Gallup today (registered voters)
Approve/disapprove of President Obama's performance improved markedly to 42%/49% = -7%.
Rasmussen today (likely voters)
On the Generic Congressional Ballot the Democrats widened their lead to 41%-35%. Two weeks ago it had been 40%-40%.(Rasmussen Reports has acted to correct a previous deficiency in their polling methods.They note, “To reach those who have abandoned traditional landline telephones, Rasmussen Reports uses an online survey tool to interview randomly selected participants from a demographically diverse panel.”)
When a leaner like Razz shows Obama's numbers going up, there's some solidity there.
@Paul,nnto, does this mean that I have to stop telling my rightwing friends that Rasmussen is the most reliable indicator of election outcomes? This is going to cost me money.
Also, Gallup and Rasmussen are the only two daily polls and Gallup was worse than Rasmussen last cycle.
@Paul,nnto, once I ran across Nate Silver, the only reason I looked at the other polls was to see the comparisons and to bet. People do tend to believe the polls that favor their candidates and I'm not above using that.
Actually, because a diverse array of methodologies and systems is more likely to be accurate than selecting my polls that are consistently towards the middle. All methodologies have inherent flaws - I'm more likely to be accurate if I take a diversity of polls with a diversity of flaws and hope the flaws cancel out in the aggregate than if I assume a certain subset of those polls that have tended to be consistently accurate will remain consistently accurate - they could easily share the same flaw and all be wrong simultaneously.
Basically, Nate Silver's philosophy of polling.
I saw some announcements coming out of 538.com last November calling for writers and analysts. I'm pretty sure that he's going to be up and running this year in politics.
That's as close as one can get right now to the 'yes, Hillary is running' level of confidence.
Looks like the window of opportunity is closing for the GOP.
I would rather a poll that's consistently right of reality than one that can't decide if it's right or not. Rasmussen was consistently something like R-5 during 2012. Fine, I can work with that.
@Paul,nnto, I read the polls. Crunching the numbers is beyond me. I crunch cereal.
@Paul,nnto, I was thinking more of my conservative friends that refuse to believe they're not the majority anymore.