- LIVE: Obama attends memorial service for Nelson Mandela [WashPost]
- “Amid steady rain and deafening cheers, President Barack Obama paid tribute Tuesday to the late South African leader Nelson Mandela as “the last great liberator of the 20th century.” [TIME]
- “Regulators are set to usher in a new era of tough banking oversight on Tuesday that drills to the core of Wall Street’s profitable markets and trading businesses…The so-called Volcker rule will put in place new hurdles for banks that buy and sell securities on behalf of clients, known as market making, and will restrict compensation arrangements that encourage risky trading…” [WSJ]
- “House and Senate negotiators reached final agreement Monday on a Pentagon policy bill that would strengthen protections for military victims of sexual assault and keep the prison at Guantánamo Bay, Cuba, open over President Obama’s strenuous objections, as Congress rushed to wrap up work for the year.” [NYT]
- “On the eve of Rep. Paul Ryan’s self-imposed Tuesday deadline to reach a budget agreement with Sen. Patty Murray, there was still no final deal, according to aides in both parties. And for a growing faction of Washington conservatives, that’s a good thing.” [National Journal]
- Why won’t the President rein in the intelligence community? [New Yorker]
- Top 10 Comeback Congressional Campaigns [Roll Call]
- Infographic History of Women in the Senate [New Yorker]
OBFuOI http://ibi.mobi/ 3536460
4DJgmkn http://ebashu24health.com/ 1734352
i5WcMyG http://sosnihuyca24health.com/ 1699265
Ret3OQK http://2015pharmacy.com/ 8615812
9b17uDj http://safeonlineoshop.com 1153335
sreU1uA http://safeinternet-shopping.com 420122
77pdeXY http://safeinternet-store.com 685651
qcfuVEO http://safeonline-shop.com 9750494
FbXJbRS http://safeinternetshop.com 6976412
Le97c8b http://safeinternetstore.com 5827420
XPz7x http://realerection.com 3424331
1IIsl http://naturemenslife.com 700524
Pwo3l http://nature-erect.com 3833351
sdOwFD http://manstronglife.com 4007712
x6YjqeR http://strongerect.com 7516878
zeDkeM http://menserectlife.com 739307
Jujmsfr http://menserect.com 5547042
88Ydlwu http://bestmenserect.com 6183970
Clark wins in Mussachassetts:
Paul Ryan is getting some serious flak from the right (extreme right) over the proposed budget deal. The baggers groups are screaming bloody murder. Life is good.
I think it will pass in the Senate, but when it gets to the house, they'll rewrite it and turn the reconciliation process into a battleground.
@fitty_three, rather than let the baggers shut down the government again, don't be surprised if Bonehead brings it to a vote and lets the democrats join with a couple of dozen republicans to pass it.
@kbanginmotown He can always borrow Nancy's.
He actually did that last shutdown.
And yes, I think Nancy rents them out to him from time to time. He pays well for the privilege since when he needs 'em, he needs 'em really, really bad.
I hope he does bring it to a vote, but if not, loop back to #2.
A Canadian NDP MP is filing a complaint against a Conservative Senator for a personal attack she describes as misogynistic
n the letter, which was copied to all MPs, senators and their staff, Dagenais characterized Borg as a whiny, ignorant, useless Quebec MP who was elected by fluke and stands little chance of being re-elected.
Personally, I'm guessing it was more because she's 23 than because she's a woman - not that this invalidates the complaint. But yes, it's a big story that in Canada, someone was mean to another Member of Parliament.
A pair of stories in Toronto
1) Rob Ford is about to get a Libel Lawsuit filed against him after he basically accused a newspaper reporter of pedophilia - using the Fox manner of accusation
@forgottenlord The Rob Ford story may be as bizarre an ongoing public meltdown as I have ever followed.
I wonder how long an alcohol-induced blackout can last.
Let me get back to you on that, ok?
A couple of quotes to consider as to why such roadblocks are placed for peace with Iran..
“The United States should drop a nuclear bomb on Iran to spur the country to end its nuclear program”– Sheldon Adelson, biggest donor to the Republican Party and major fundraiser for pro-Israel political action committees, speech at Yeshiva University, New York City, October 22, 2013.
“Pro-Israel Policy groups such as AIPAC work with unlimited funding to divert US policy in the region (Middle East)” – Jack Straw, Member of Parliament and former Foreign Secretary of the British Labor Party
@mantisdragon91 Not at all….pumping money into the economy (ad buys, doofus consultants, poor candidates) and gaining none of your goals.
@mantisdragon91 Sheldon sure knows how to back a winner.
For a guy who made a fortune with casinos he sure is easily separated from his millions.
Not that ether.
Just because you go "insert m-word here" instead of straight up saying "moron" doesn't mean you're being civil. Own it or behave.
I can understand you complaining about impolite statements (a lot of us make them), but this borderline "m-word" thing just looks insanely obnoxious.
I didn't make a dumb prediction today, (insert m-word here).
The principal reason I rarely respond to you is that your efforts at arbitration do not seem to arise from a neutral perch
These are obnoxious posts
"I predict that Colli wall make another dumb prediction tomorrow"
"Guys like him are the reason government performs poorly."
"Independent= I'm ashamed to say republican."
"Yeah, Colli comes to mind."
#1 is an observationally based prediction and fairly accurate.
#2 I'll have to pass on 'cause I don't know the context, but I can guess; ~ )
#3 is an observation.
#4 I'll have to pass on 'cause I don't know the context, but I'm what was discussed was either surprisingly dense, dogmatic, or related to malformed logic.
I never claimed to be neutral (I try to have a neutral understanding of the world, but my opinions are inherently biased) nor has neutrality ever been a limiting factor in discerning who you respond to as proven by your choice to reply to engage, on a regular basis, those who tend to favor more personal and insulting responses towards you.
But yes, they are personal attacks and not reasonable attacks. That's not what bugs me. They own their personal attacks - you try to sit in a neutral gray area sometimes that doesn't exist and it seems illogical to me. Own it or sit back, but this "m-word" nonsense is just stupid.