- Longstanding Fears Help Explain the Latest Wave of ObamaCare Outrage [TIME]
- Food Stamp Program Faces Congressional Double Whammy [TIME]
- “Mounting revelations about the extent of NSA surveillance have alarmed technology leaders in recent days, driving a renewed push for significant legislative action from an industry that long tried to stay above the fray in Washington.” [WashPost]
- “What did the President know and when did he know it?…In the case of the N.S.A.’s eavesdropping on the cell phone of the German Chancellor, Angela Merkel, the answers seem to be: ‘a lot, but only about the content’ and ‘pretty recently.’” [New Yorker]
- “They could well be spying on the president, for all I know,” says Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.). [National Review]
- “Cory Booker became New Jersey’s first African-American U.S. Senator and the first former Newark mayor to ascend to higher political office when he was sworn in at high noon Thursday in the well of the U.S. Senate.” [NJ Star-Ledger]
- As New Jersey’s Christie Campaigns, a 2016 Strategy Emerges [WSJ]
- Obama’s Credibility Is At Risk [National Journal]
- Paul Ryan Wanted to Change Washington—But Washington Changed Him [National Journal]
History is not history unless it is the truth - Abraham Lincoln
Heigh ho, heigh ho, it's off to work I go. Goodnight folks.
Oh, and did I mention that the Hawks won again. The showed flashes of their earlier form the 3rd through the overtime period.
Dodged another bullet: Luckiest 8-1 team out there.
So in summary, we mostly knew what we already knew, with a few twists:
1. That Obama is to blame for everything - just because
2. That Tom Delay is a Democrat (figurize that one out, y'all!)
3. That a certain individual is urinated cause his SS benefits are being cut but he hates Teh Gubmint and wants them to reduce spending
4. That a certain individual still believes that data is something you feed to pigeons
5. A cadre of Socialist Canadian Tyrants want to deny paulejb his God Given right to express dissent (read wantonly obnoxious)
6. That paulejb actually can't distinguish between being obnoxious and expressing dissent.
All this in 1606 comments!
Oh good God. For the second time in two weeks, the rails west of Edmonton are hosting a train derailment. Again with a dangerous goods car - sulphur dioxide this time.
Harper, you're looking more and more ridiculous on rail safety by the month.
For those keeping track, this is the 4th derailment since May.
Strange discussion at the dentist's office (some other patient's)
"Since you live up in Fort Mac, we need you to pay off the balance now and your insurance company will reimburse you directly"
"I'm covered 100%"
"In Alberta, 100% doesn't actually mean 100%. It means 100% of what they believe the procedure should cost. If we bill them $50 and they think it's only worth $40..."
I'm working with a rertired military guy. He looked like he needed a hug. Maybe I should have waited until he got out of the shower.
It was cold last night. It rained all night. I was outside all night. The clocks got set back at 2. 9 hours ourtside in the cold while it was raining. Curse you OBAMA!!!
Spending a Sunday afternoon arguing with a Social Security recipient who refers to the President of the United States as "Barry O" while complaining about government spending?
God love you all.
Gah..... took me a bit to remember you aren't in Chicago...
It's weird that I don't get worried when they are down 21-0 if there is a reasonable amount of time left.
Gallup's running below the midline for polls right now, but the trend is pretty clear - Obama's numbers, which have been shockingly resistant in a mediocre recovery and gridlocked Washington, are starting to fall. The reality is that he was never going to survive the double body slam of HealthCare.gov and NSA scandals happening so close together.
That said, once a reform bill for the NSA goes through and HealthCare.gov is back up and running, that will be the real question. Bush never recovered from Katrina, Clinton recovered from Whitewater. How will Obama do once he gets the leaks stopped.
An interesting side note: these are arguably the first two *real* scandals of Obama's White House. It really shouldn't shock us that he's getting beat up for it.
@collioure He'll never get reelected!
Tweets? Insane tweets?
@sacredh From your laptop….I mean keyboard…to God's ears.
AND the computer was down for hours so I had to play catch-up most of the night. I'm not sure, but I think I lost my healthcare when the clocks got set back. At least I didn't feel too well.
@sacredh I made a very mediocre baugette last night……Curse you Obama!
I think my SS benefits s/b reduced
You are correct. Gallup is an outlier, but that usually is his good poll.
However, HealthCare.gov is not a scandal. It's a gross failure. Simultaneously his lies about Obamacare are now coming home to roost. That's not going to go away.
NSA - I'm afraid he's said he didn't know one too many times now.
@collioure Good old Galllup. From just over a year ago, a few days before the election.
"Romney 50%, Obama 46% Among Likely Voters"
@fitty_three, I had this vision of furious typing and the gulping of Xanax.
@Paul,nnto, in one of nature's little kindnesses, the guy I'm working with is a life-long republican. He's been the one giving the Tea Party the most hell at work for destroying the GOP. He has been saying that he'll sit out the election (like he has the last two) rather than vote for a TPer. I've ALMOST got him talked into voting for the democratic candidate to hasten the TP fall. He'd only do it until the GOP is back in sane hands, but at least it's something.
You're making almost as much sense as Bugs trying to dissociate Obama from the Volt of which Barry is so proud.
Makes a nice cricket bat, though; - )
Following attacks on the freedom of the press earlier this year.
Is that a defense of a flawed polling group or a grasp for numbers that really don't mean anything?
You're a new toy that I am getting bored with (same as Paulie was, same as Rusty was, same as 3x was, same as…you get the point) can you be better than a stereotypical rightist troll?
@sacredh I work with (estimated) 90% republicans and they stopped voting 6 years ago.
Granted they are old school Minnesota republicans and the Rand Paul people have taken over their party so they feel adrift. They will NEVER vote for the Democratic (DFL in local terms) candidate but they do sit on their hands…and check books.
My second team is the Bengals. They're pretty good now.
@collioure, I live less than an hour from Pittsburgh. I hate the Steelers. A few years ago I won a pair of Steeler tickets for the playoffs by calling in to a radio station rock quiz contest. Everybody there (almost) is a Steelers fan. I had all kinds of offers from them to buy my tickets. I GAVE them to the guy that helped me organize the Christmass party.
I remember the original Browns from the 50's with Otto Graham. They were on every Sunday in Cincinnati. Even saw a championship game against the Lions and Bobby Layne in person. 17-7, Lions.
@collioure, the Browns broke my heart so often that I quit watching. I couldn't name 10 players in the entire NFL.
@collioure, the Cleveland Browns cured me of football. Forever.
@collioure, I just woke up. I don't have to make sense until I've had my second cup of coffee.
@Paul,nnto, you don't say that very often.
@La_RandyI think. Therefore I am. I think.
Actually he said Barry 0 You see the kewl kids gave up Barry O and now use Zero to express their contempt more seriously. ;)