- Time Running Out for Obamacare Fixes: “They have one month. If the officials running the new Affordable Care Act insurance exchanges cannot fix crippling computer glitches by then, the health law’s future could be imperiled, according to a former high-ranking health care official.” [TIME]
- Three Parts of the U.S. Being Hammered Economically By the Shutdown [TIME]
- Poll: Dysfunction at a 74-year High: “More than doubling from the month before, 33 percent of Americans said dysfunctional government was the biggest problem facing the country in Gallup’s poll out Wednesday, topping the 19 percent who said the economy and the 12 percent each who chose unemployment, the deficit and health care.” [Politico]
- Republicans Say Obama Underestimates Their Resolve as Debt Default Nears: “I can assure you it’s not posturing. It’s not a political play or anything like that,” Rep. Phil Gingrey, R-Ga., told CQ Roll Call on Tuesday. [Roll Call]
- Shutdown Cuts at VA Blasted by Congress, Advocates: “More than 7,000 Veterans Benefits Administration employees and 2,754 VA Office of Information Technology employees were placed on furlough starting Tuesday. And VA said the move will eliminate public access to VBA regional offices, meaning the agency can’t conduct personal interviews, process GI Bill benefits and offer work and education counseling — and American Legion service officers will no longer be able to use space at those offices.” [Politico]
- Paul Ryan: Here’s How We Can End This Stalemate [WSJ]
- Eight Democrats Arrested at Immigration Rally: Reps. John Lewis (D-Ga.), Charles Rangel (D-N.Y.), Joseph Crowley (D-N.Y.), Luis Gutiérrez (D-Ill.), Keith Ellision (D-Minn.), Jan Schakowsky (D-Ill.), Raúl Grijalva (D-Ariz.) and Al Green (D-Texas) were among the estimated 200 people arrested by Capitol Police for protesting at an immigration sit-in on the National Mall on Tuesday. [The Hill]
- Why I’m Very Happy About Janet Yellen [Bloomberg]
- The Uncompromiser In-Chief “If you wanted to hear words of sweet conciliation, the White House was the wrong place to go this week. ‘We’re not going to pay a ransom for America paying its bills, President Obama said Tuesday, sticking to his demand that Congress pass a spending bill and raise the federal debt ceiling without conditions. ‘I’m not budging.’” [LA Times]
Looks like Tero called it: most obvious reason for Canadian spying on Brazil was to research a major oil development project that, in the end, all the big Canadian, America and British oil companies stayed out of. Nobody was sure why - it was the biggest possible project outside of an OPEC country. Well....maybe now we know
OT, but this is just plain funny if you like laughing at gullible people:
Paule wants no government and yet was crying his head off about where is the Government during Sandy.
I hope Don didn't post this already:
Failed GOP strategy may force Boehner to ask Pelosi for help:
Said it yesterday, and it looks like we might be headed there
Republicans are making Cruz Public Enemy #1:
“The political disfunction that has brought about the shutdown and now threatens default, isn’t so much gridlock. It is exposing the fatal flaw in our Constitution and highly distinct system of government. In other words, it’s the Constitution’s fault. Something truly catastrophic was bound to happen sooner or later.”
Sadly, the government shutdown has revealed the liberals' hatred for the US Constitution and their knee jerk totalitarian impulses.
Oil was the first thing i thought of, just cause it was Harper; but it's just me
Is it going to be a head half full and head half empty type party split?
Pauline will be soooo torn.
They're wasting a perfectly good 'shame on me' moment.
@mantisdragon91 Everything is negative for him.
He needs his Sandy revenue stream.
@outsider Abandoning the poor and letting them die.....it's apparently the christian thing to do.
Nah, you're good.
@sacredh So Boehner, no fool,...
Flash Fact: If you Google "Dumbest man on the internet" the first result is Jim Hoft, founder of Gateway Pundit.
I'm not joking either, feel free to give it a try.
@paulejb Yes the Liberals hate the Constitution. That is why the GOP keeps finding new and more creative ways to keep people from voting.
I didn't even know there was oil in Brazil.
Though my Dad (Oil Consultant) did do work for the Bolivian government right next door so I really shouldn't be too surprised.
Either way, you qualify as overly optimistic.;-)
@fitty_three, I'd have offered to buy her another coffee. A donut too. ; )
Hilarious vid, sacred.
@MrObvious, thinking leads to thoughts. It's a dangerous path, that's why so few choose it.
Oh, no. I was referring to the 'half' bits. Way, way too much optimism there.:)
LF won't let me say that pauline is in willful obnoxious - ness mode.
He types while it dribbles off his chin
No??? and Tim Griffin, butt-boy to Karl Rove and now Represenative AR-2, wasn't guilty of voter caging in Florida although the press got hold of his email to his master stating that he had wiped out teh records to cut off black voters who were registered right before an election. If you can't win fairly, the GOP mantra is just cheat, steal, or corrupt the system.
The current House plan is to overturn the election of 2012 in direct violation of the Constitution and the will of the American people who basically told the GOP to stuff it.
Keep at it. You'll convince the remaining 7% of black American voters to leave the GOP as well, just when GOP popularity is at it's historic low.
So was that a, "oops, i'm sorry Outie, i was wrong?"
Cause i don't see you refuting what i said - where as i refuted what you said.
Effectively. Enough so that you tried to change the subject. With what you would call slander.
I just call it pathetic delusion, personally.
When the IRS targeted liberals Under George W. Bush, it went after the NAACP, Greenpeace and even a liberal church