- “President Obama on Tuesday told world leaders that he was devoting the rest of his presidency to a negotiated end to the confrontation with Iran, and creating a separate state for the Palestinians.” [NYT]
- Iran’s President Hassan Rouhani at the U.N. General Assembly: Three Takeaways [TIME]
- “Signaling that he may be serious about giving up his chemical weapons, Syrian President Bashar Assad has disclosed the locations of dozens of poison gas production and storage sites to international inspectors.” [L.A. Times]
- How Ted Cruz Wins by Losing [TIME]
- Ted Cruz is Still Talking Until He Can’t Stand Anymore—Or Until Harry Reid Cuts Him Off [National Journal]
- “Democrats are working hard to exploit massive unrest in the Republican Party over the looming government shutdown, which many see as one of their best chances of holding the Senate or even gaining the House in next year’s midterm elections.” [WashPost]
- White House Struggles to Replace Janet Napolitano at the Department of Homeland Security [Daily Beast]
- China to lift ban on Facebook, Twitter, New York Times—but only within Shanghai free-trade zone [South China Morning Post]
- How to Beat Hillary Clinton [New York]
- “The congressman had been called a ‘starvation expert’ by analysts on TV and a ‘monster’ by colleagues in the House of Representatives. Protesters had visited his offices carrying petitions demanding he resign. And now, six months into his crusade to overhaul the food stamp program, Rep. Steve Southerland (R-Fla.) departed the Capitol to address his most wary audience yet: the people whose government benefits he hoped to curtail.” [WashPost]
The extremist Barry Obama tries to force nuns to be abortion drug distributors. What a fanatical tyrant lives in the White House.Little Sisters of the Poor Sue Obama: Don’t Force us to Obey HHS Abortion Mandate
OT, but "The Conjuring" is a scary movie. It's perfect for watching with the lights off and a couple of candles lit.
Has Senator Vitter had enough "probes?" That "depends."
After all that Cruz voted on the spending plan. Thank you Senator Cruz for reminding us that both you and your party are a joke.
How Liberal policies will get you killed on the streets of LA.
Don Rosenberg, the founder of UnlicensedToKill.org, told KNX 1070 NEWSRADIO that an estimated 750,000 illegal immigrants live in the L.A. area and those who drive could pose “an immense threat to society”.
“The AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety reports unlicensed drivers are five times more likely to kill, they will flee the scene over 50 percent of the time, five times more likely to drive drunk,” said Rosenberg.
In a whitepaper compiling statistics of hit-and-run accidents, Rosenberg found that unlicensed drivers were involved in more than 7,600 fatal crashes — about 20 percent of fatal crashes nationwide.
Liberals in California want those votes! Don't impound an Illegal's car; let them continue to kill people on the street and drive away.
The Los Angeles Police Department is reporting that the city saw 20,000 hit-and-run crashes in 2012, gaining the dubious distinction of being the “hit-and-run capital of the nation.” According to a news report in NBC Los Angeles, out of the 20,000 pedestrians, bicyclists or other motorists who were involved in hit-and-run collisions, 4,000 were injured or killed. Two Los Angeles city councilmen have asked LAPD to explain what it is doing to curb this hit-and-run epidemic.
The Liberal's in LA have lost in their effort to allow illegals to break the law, amazing.
LA Police Impound Policy In Jeopardy After Judge's Ruling
@hivemaster Let's make it a force feeding, open wide.
Seriously, take your meds and calm down. Obamacare will most likely cover the stupid shiat that makes you sound unhinged.
The conjuring, isn't about some dooshnazel that spends 21 hours reading bed time stories and rail against something then vote with with everyone for cloture?
@sacredh Both my daughters saw it, separately. The older saw it first and said it was the scariest thing she'd ever seen. The younger kept trying to get her to go with her, but she flat-out refused. Younger daughter finally saw it with friends … and said older daughter had been right. I don't think either of them slept after seeing it.
Younger daughter says "Insidious 2" is also scary, and worth seeing. They both love scary movies.
@retiredvet Vitter's diaper is always full and in a wad. I wish somebody would give him a box of depends on the senate floor.
'Wonder how they can account for Cruz' latest move: VOTING WITH THE DEMOCRATS TO MOVE THE SPENDING BILL FORWARD!
He, Marco Polo, and all the GOTP are frauds.
That's not reality, Bugs. That's just liberal gas.
@Sue_N, "Mama" was a good scary movie too.
@nflfoghorn No, that is the screech of tires from fleeing vehicles in your head.
@MementoMori @ahandout Research...No, that's because we passed the Three Strikes law in California, taking felons off the streets. Now, the liberal judges and Jerry Brown are releasing them back into society.
Believe me, liberals have never contributed to reducing the crime rate in California. They have constantly refused to do the will of the people and lock up offenders
More important, the policy of not impounding illegal aliens vehicles has led to thousands of hit and runs, with over 3,000 deaths.
You clowns always fall for the rope-a-dope.
Did you convince yourself that the GOP will prevail yet?
@fitty_three No need to get up and fetch it 53, pull the one out of your skull.
It would be easier for him to swallow if he just garfs it down head first.
I'll get a stick.
Do you think that religious organizations should be forced to comply with Obamacare? It's a simple question.
And the government does NOT get to tell a religious organization what it should believe.
However, the FDA neglects to mention in this guide that the morning-after pill can also “keep a fertilized egg from implanting in the uterus,” as detailed by the Mayo Clinic. The official company websites for Plan B One-Step, Next Choice, and ella all confirm that this is the case, which implicates the issue of abortion because at fertilization, the genetic composition of preborn humans is formed. This genetic information determines gender, eye color, hair color, facial features, and influences characteristics such as intelligence and personality. Thus, morning-after pills can terminate a unique human life.
Yesterday, the Becket Fund for Religious Liberty filed a lawsuit on behalf of the Little Sisters of the Poor, a religious order of Sisters dedicated to caring for the elderly poor. Without relief, the Little Sisters face millions of dollars in IRS fines because they cannot comply with the government’s mandate that they give their employees free access to contraception, sterilization, and abortion-inducing drugs.
That's a load of spit. It's the dumbarse conservative Bishops that are doing it. Groups like Nuns on a bus think Obamacare is a no brainer. Just like the Pope they're more interested in taking care of the real problems then to spend worrying about the imaginary.
It's a shame that the Catholic church have spent so much time moving away from Social Justice and gone on the whole Christianist gay and abortion bandwagon. But then doing something real about real problem just like Jesus would have always been hard for bloviating lazy arses.
"Wildly scrabbling for a handhold as the chasm yawns below"