- With 525 civilians reportedly dead after a violent crackdown on supporters of ousted President Morsi in Egypt, the Muslim Brotherhood is encouraging protesters to continue pushing back, reports The New York Times.
- A Chicago Tribune opinion writer says Jesse Jackson Jr. and his wife got off easy.
- Washington Post columnist George Will argues Obama’s constitutional missteps are worse than President Nixon’s.
- The New York Times reports there are a a growing number of challenges in the effort to get the uninsured covered by the Jan. 1 deadline.
- President Obama is a fan of Cory Booker, who just won the New Jersey Democratic Senate primary.
- Will Georgia elect a Democratic senator?
- A New Jersey father asked Gov. Chris Christie not to “let my daughter die”.
- WIll the next breakout single be a song by…Michelle Obama featuring Run DMC? TIME doesn’t think so.
In this week’s magazine, don’t miss TIME’s reflections on the 1963 March on Washington as the 50th anniversary approaches, including the Red Border film One Dream and Martin Luther King, an architect of the 21st century.