- GOP frets looming fiscal battles.
- White House hardens stance on budget cuts.
- The oil services giant Halliburton agreed Thursday to plead guilty to destroying evidence during the Deepwater Horizon oil spill disaster in 2010, admitting to one count of criminal conduct and agreeing to pay the $200,000 maximum statutory fine.
- Egyptian prosecutors have charged deposed President Mohamed Morsi with espionage and colluding with the militant group Hamas.
- Invoking the families of 9/11 victims, Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey on Thursday heatedly denounced the growing libertarian drift on national security in the Republican Party that is favored by Senator Rand Paul and others.
- The Washington Post‘s guide to where abortion laws are being rewritten, state-by-state.
- FORBES obtains the blueprints of NSA’s new Utah facility.
- Silda Spitzer reportedly plans to divorce Eliot Spitzer, NYC candidate for comptroller, after his campaign is over.
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg‘s wealth grew by $3.8 billion yesterday.
- Caroline Kennedy and the politics of ambassadorships
- How gay marriage became legitimate
- Pope Francis becomes “apostle of the slums.”
- Swampland this morning
- Norm Ornstein: “The Unprecedented—and Contemptible—Attempts to Sabotage Obamacare“
- Charles Krauthammer on the cause of Detroit’s bankruptcy: “Corruption, both legal and illegal, plus a classic case of reactionary liberalism.”
- Fox takes on ESPN
- Just another night in This Town
OT, but yesterday when I went in to work I got drawn into an argument about Trayvon Martin again. We argued for almost 15 minutes. I finally pointed at the clock and told him that it was past the time for him to go home. He said, "I'm not leaving until you say you're wrong and you know it". I just stared at him for about a minute and then said, "You win. You're wrong and you know it.". Then I turned around and went outside to smoke a cigarette. When he was halfway across the gate I went back in, got on the loudpeaker and said "You're wrong and you know it" repeatedly until he got into his car and drove off. Fun times.
I had the strangest dream. I dreamed I was a right winger. With God as my witness, it's almost true.
What the GOP would bring usHow Lax Regulations Are Turning China Into A Food Safety Nightmare
And the Beef Institute assures cows they will be safe at a Barbeque.
Wah Obama is making nice with Vietnam wah.President Obama Upsets the Swift Boaters
Obama said DETROIT not GM....
W also stood in front of a "Mission Accomplished" banner.
Well, the Troll Hive destroyed MMR for Friday. I don't know which is worse. Is it the troll who wants a race war or the troll who replies to him all day or the troll who is just plain stupid?
June 2013 State Unemployment Rates *
State Rate State Rate Alabama 6.5 Montana 5.4 Alaska 6.1 Nebraska 4.0 Arizona 8.0 Nevada 9.6 Arkansas 7.3 New Hampshire 5.2 California 8.5 New Jersey 8.7 Colorado 7.0 New Mexico 6.8 Connecticut 8.1 New York 7.5 Delaware 7.3 North Carolina 8.8 DC 8.5 North Dakota 3.1 Florida 7.1 Ohio 7.2 Georgia 8.6 Oklahoma 5.2 Hawaii 4.6 Oregon 7.9 Idaho 6.4 Pennsylvania 7.5 Illinois 9.2 Puerto Rico 13.2 Indiana 8.4 Rhode Island 8.9 Iowa 4.6 South Carolina 8.1 Kansas 5.8 South Dakota 3.9 Kentucky 8.4 Tennessee 8.5 Louisiana 7.0 Texas 6.5 Maine 6.8 Utah 4.7 Maryland 7.0 Vermont 4.4 Massachusetts 7.0 Virginia 5.5 Michigan 8.7 Washington 6.8 Minnesota 5.2 West Virginia 6.1 Mississippi 9.0 Wisconsin 6.8 Missouri 6.9 Wyoming 4.6
Wisconsin is doing much better than the Democratically headlocked California. But if you REALLY want to create jobs, California should follow N. Dakota and drill, baby drill. California has billions of barrels of oil. Oh well, you don't REALLY want to create jobs.
@ahandout Where's the republican budget? Pres. Obama submitted his budget 6 months ago.
@mantisdragon91 Of course, we are going to be just like China.
@mantisdragon91 Obama: Hey Hillary, where did you put all those "reset" buttons?
@mantisdragon91 Barry thinks that Ho Chi Minh was inspired by the Constitution.
With any luck, they'll drown.
@roknsteve Logic isn't one of their strong suits, huh.
@ahandout California has a big underground economy. Everyone I know has a way to make cash every month legally. That includes me and I'm 70 years young. People have to survive. Oklahoma 5.2? Did everybody leave the state after the hurricanes?
And it's been raining and flooding for 2 months in the Northeast and South so people can't get to work or the job site is flooded. All you're got is some numbers somebody pulled out of their crack.
The numbers that you posted don't account for those who have stopped looking, so I'm sure the numbers are much higher across the board.
@ahandout That would be because Wisconsin wasn't hit as bad by the housing collapse as California. But California financially and job creation wise is doing better than Wisconsin is.
Including these workers as well raises the SGS unemployment rate for April, 2013 to 23%. That seems more consistent with how the economy still feels for the majority of Americans, despite Democrat Party controlled media cheerleading.
North Dakota saw the biggest gain in jobs by percentage, up 14.3 percent.
Do you want to create jobs? Follow N. Dakota's lead.
China has a strong central communist government that controls the economy. But it is moving more towards a market economy. While the US, under Obama, moves toward more government control.
@nflfoghorn Moron, you don't have a clue what logic is. Stop using the word.
You hate Rusty so much (like I said earlier today, liberals hate people) that you think everybody is Rusty. Rusty left moron. Drink some coffee and when you wake up tomorrow with a hangover, you will realize what an Ahole you are.
Sorry Rusty, that logic doesn't wash. You can't criticize one president and praise another using the exact same method of tabulating unemployment statistics. If the "real" unemployment rate is high under BO it was the same for W. Somehow I don't see you fairly comparing the two presidencies. Wonder why.
@WithGodAsMyWitness Waiting on you to add Vivian Leigh as your profile.
@mantisdragon91, I'm trolling the Mccain/stripper thread too.
@mantisdragon91, I actually got a like from a winger on another thread on a ridiculous comment that was over the top.
@mantisdragon91, good afternoon mantisdragon91.
@mantisdragon91, the wicked flock to San Francisco like liberals to a socialist president.