- In part in response to Steve Brill’s TIME cover article “Bitter Pill,” the Obama Administration will release the prices by all hospitals across the U.S. for the 100 most common inpatient treatment services in 2011. It will compare these prices to how much the services cost, as calculated by Medicare.
- How Much Hospitals Charge For the Same Procedures (Interactive)
- The fallen turn mighty. Joel Stein on Gov. Mark Sanford’s victory over Colbert Busch for a South Carolina House seat.
- The Pentagon is stepping up plans to deal with a dangerous regional spillover from Syria’s possible collapse, drawing up proposals including a Jordanian buffer zone for refugees secured by Arab troops.
- US economy is improving, pushing back the deadline for a budget deal to October.
- State Dept. official to testify today that President Obama and Hillary Rodham Clinton, the former secretary of state, did not do all they could to stop the Benghazi embassy attack, and then misled the public about what they knew.
- Facebook‘s support of Republicans in favor of immigration reform have caused some liberal groups to stop advertising on the site.
- China is engaging in territorial disputes with India, the Philippines, and Japan.
- 1979 and the birth of the Chinese economic miracle
- Republican Sen. Jeff Flake said he is willing to reverse his opposition to expanding background checks for guns if the Senate bill’s sponsors change a provision dealing with internet sales. Flake was recently voted least popular Senator after he was one of 46 Senators to strike down the bill a few weeks ago.
- Speaker of the House John Boehner says he “probably” can’t support an online sales tax.
- Obama’s marijuana problem.
Toxic Dump: 1821 at 9:45PM EDT. Yow.
It's no longer on TIME.com's front page, and appears to be slowing down. Still. The horror...
Sports: Golf's greatest a'hole.
Oh noes, John Bolton acknowledges it was impossible to know the exact time of the attack and whether it was appropriate to shift security resources.
This just in: Cavuto is interviewing McCain on BENGHAZIIIIII. Aunt Pottypat is probably having a lie-down.
My hair hurts.
As if there weren't already enough reasons to not like Donald Trump, here's one more.
Spare a good thought for me, peeps. I'm going to my parents' house for lunch and I know what will be on TV.
So I posted this which is a link to a video of some of Ambassador Pickering's testimony - he was chair of the review board that was highly critical of the administration. A commentator immediately said Obama should get the Pulitzer for fiction because of his lies about the video and another said NBC = no business commenting.
Clearly I need to stop fooling around and clear out the room that the cleaners are going to do tomorrow! Probably be 2,000 comments by the time I come back.
Maybe not something from the hearings as kbang suggested earlier, but the newest post is about a book that says the real reason Mitt lost is, wait for it - Benghazi!!
Closing in on 800 'comments'. Someone should figure out a way to harness all that rage. Benghazi could turn out be longterm goldmine in cheap manure.
@kbanginmotown Maybe they were disappointed they didn't get Obama's head on a platter and went home.
Darn, now I have to rethink this whole Benghazi uproar, I mean if Bolton says something reasonable I have to assume he wants to protect something, i.e. the administration did do something wrong. But then again he is such a snake that he would do this on purpose and try to get me to reach the wrong conclusion and in effect the administration really didn't do anything wrong. But he is John Bolton he never said anything that wasn't devious and he would want me to think that I would have to assume he says the opposite of the truth and therefore reach the wrong conclusion of the wrong conclusion.....
Aaaaaaarrrggghhh, my head is exploding
@Ivy_B Hell hath frozen over!
@MementoMori Shorter translation of the Donald. I'd rape if I could get away with it. I mean who wouldn't?
How does the relationship of those two datapoints demonstrate the third sentence? I mean, if he just talked about 26K sexual assaults in the military and then said the second sentence, at least he'd just be a chauvinistic, backwards pig rather than an idiot.
For the life of me, i cannot understand how this dumba ss ever made money.
I don't think he's even capable of getting dressed by himself.
...speaking of geniuses...
I posted a few comments, walked away for 2 minutes and when I came back my comments were so far down the list that I had to "load more comments" 4 times before I found my comment. No one with half a brain should bother wading into that pool of crazy.
@Sue_N The Arias verdict?
@Ivy_B Ding! Ding! Ding! JK's Benghazi thread is at 1013 as of 3:12PM EDT. Good call, Ivy (and we're not done yet...)
@Ivy_B Benghazi. It's too funny. Ritchie Mormon Rich didn't win because of his lack of foreign expertise. I think it's because his wife wore Prada. Or maybe it was the dog on the roof. Or not releasing his taxes or his money in the Caymans or . . . three pages later . . . Benghazi. The bottom line is he didn't win because the crazies took over the Republican party and it's hard to deal with crazy and still appear reasonable.
Maybe there's a way to mine bitcoins from all that angry site traffic.
sacred, foggy, fitty and a couple of the Pauls were "pokin' at the locusts" with sharp sticks on JK's thread, and then hiding out on Page 2 of a different thread to swap stories. It was f'ckin' hilarious!
Rusty found us and tried to call us out on Klein's thread, but it was no use, sacred had a following.
Good times... :)
@Sue_N My thoughts when I read it!
@Sue_N Save the Liver!!!
Dooooo iiiittttttt. You know you wanta.
And I want to see if you can convince them you're one of them.
Please do. They will all probably start liking your posts.
@kbanginmotown I just looked and sadly thought I underestimated - should have gone for 1,500 but maybe SirDon will be closest with 2,000
kbang, time flies, but it was only 3-4 years ago. I've only been on swampland for 4 years and 4 months/ seems longer...doesn't it?
@kbanginmotownI was still in my lurker phase then, too shy to post, believe it or not. Seriously, y'all used to intimidate the hell out of me. ;)
I remember reading some of question hillary's stuff and going, "What the hell?"
@Sue_N I diiid! I diiiid taw a tewwowist!
@Sue_N Well I wish the cat would catch his little yellow butt this time.
@Sue_N sacred has done this in the past. It's a thing of beauty.
I imagine him sitting in front of his laptop, like Tschaikovsky (fckin' commie) before the piano... cracking his knuckles, wiggling his fingers....then, and only then... unleashing a steam of music that quickens the pulse. Half of the listeners think that he is speaking directly to them. The rest of us realize it is snark, and chuckle to ourselves.... ;)