- UN: Rebels, not Assad, appear to have used chemical weapons
- Medicaid works as health insurance
- Why expanding gun background checks didn’t pass the Senate
- Lawrence Summers: Lessons to be learned from Reinhart-Rogoff error
- What Warren Buffet said at his annual Berkshire Hathaway meeting
- If a big budget deal emerges this summer, it is increasingly likely to include elements of a tax rewrite
- Is the Tea Party troika of Sens. Ted Cruz, Mike Lee, and Rand Paul as powerful as Minority Leader Mitch McConnell?
- The deputy of slain U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens has told congressional investigators that a team of Special Forces prepared to fly from Tripoli to Benghazi during the Sept. 11, 2012 attacks was forbidden from doing so by U.S. Special Operations Command South Africa.
- Game of Thrones and Ruth Bader Ginsburg
It'll be tougher for the USA to be Israel's b-word once the GOP is hispanic and catholic and not evangelical.
"DEMOCRATS' AGENDA FOR BENGHAZI HEARING: PROTECT HILLARY AT ALL COSTS"
Wow! Do you think that they will throw Obama under the bus?
I'm starting to think that between pandering to Tea Party lunatics and the NRA gun nuts, the GOP might actually be trying to throw the next election.
'Stand and fight': NRA convention gets call to arms for 2014 election
New Polls Show Approval of NRA’s Corporate Stooges in the Senate is Plummeting
The sheer emptiness of higher education in this nation breeds empty people.
The cover-up unravels as witnesses come forward.
Remember how we recently learned that over 40% of Republicans think there's going to be an armed revolution? I wonder where they get that idea from?
Fischer: Obama Plans to Forcibly Disarm Christians
Oh. Never mind.
No, not really, Bill. Your bombings were just as terroristic as those of the Tsarnaev brothers. Maybe Dhozkar can join you on a college faculty someday.
"It's not our fault that we weren't following regulations, regulators weren't asking us to demonstrate we were following them" (paraphrased)
Religious Right Activists Continue to Level Attacks on Jason Collins
“It’s gay this, it’s gay that, I’m so tired of gay; I’m so tired of gay, I’m just tired of gay.”
And to any gay activists who may be listening, please don't pick on former reality show contestants who were once half-governors. You might hurt her fans' feelings, and then we have to listen to them defend her and gush about her, and it's kinda.... y'know... icky.
What's most fascinating about Breitbart's legacy is that these two central characters — Joel B. Pollak and Ben Shapiro — are the best they have to offer. Look at the layer below them in the Breitbart media group, and it's like pulling up the rotted, vermin-infested floorboards in a rotted old swamp shack —where degenerates and quasi-fascist maniacs permeate the entire Breitbart culture. Here you get a look at the late Andrew Breitbart's true personal sensibility, through the pathological tendencies of his chosen heirs. The minions who comprise the Breitbart community include:
- John Nolte, Breitbart.com editor and blogger. Has repeatedly called for murdering teachers and mothers. During Occupy protests in November 2011, Nolte tweeted, "Teachers who take kids to protests without parents' permission should be murdered." In April 2012, he responded to an HBO comedy show gag involving a young girl by writing, "whoever this little girl's stage mom is… she should be murdered." When police violently cracked down on Occupy protests, Nolte was sexually aroused: "Dirty, filthy #OWS hippies getting what they deserve from cops = MY PORN"; "Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes. Dirty, filthy hippies arrested with bruises and gashes…"; "sniff sniff There's just something about a police baton swung towards the skull of #OWS that sniff chokes a man up.#ItsSoBeautiful".
- Jeff Dunetz: Breitbart.com blogger nicknamed "Yid With Lid," Dunetz, has accused practically everything alive or dead of "anti-Semitism", from Media Matters and George Soros, to President Obama, and even corporations like Delta Airlines.
- Kurt Schlichter, Breitbart.com columnist. Advocated mass-murdering peaceful American protesters on board a flotilla sent to Gaza to protest Israel's blockade; urged conservatives to arm themselves and prepare for war against the left because "Leftists want us dead. D-E-A-D."
- Ali Akbar, Breitbart columnist and head of Breitbart.com-associated outfit the National Bloggers Club, is a convicted felon who was jailed and put on probation for four years for credit card fraud, vehicle burglary, and intent to commit theft.
- Brandon Darby, FBI informant who infiltrated young anarchist protest groups and ratted them out, leading to arrests and jail time for his former friends. Darby also spied on an Arab-American school teacher and peace activist, Riad Hamad, whom Darby claimed had asked him to launder money for Middle East terrorists. Not long afterwards, Hamad's corpse was fished out of a lake, his arms bound and his mouth duct-taped; police ruled it a suicide. After Darby outed himself as an informant, Andrew Breitbart brought him into his close circle of friends, and had Darby accompany him in public demonstrations in support of the Koch brothers.
- James O'Keefe, convicted of attempting to illegally spy on a US Senator and forced to pay large settlements to victims of his manipulated videos which destroyed the livelihoods of several people.
- Lee Stranahan: Breitbart.com blogger who spent years peddling photographs specializing in many of Genocide Ben's favorite fetishes, including bondage and S&M, and Ben's fave, schoolgirl lesbian fetishes. Stranahan covered the Steubenville rape trial for Breitbart.com, tweeting out his belief that the rape of the 16-year-old schoolgirl was not "brutal" and that many women tell him that their rapes are not "brutal" but merely "non consensual." During the Trayvon Martin murder trial hearings last summer, Stranahan outed the name of a witness who claimed she'd been sexually abused by Martin's killer.
Only a psychotic madman would subscribe to these lunatics and take the lies they spew as "news". Is there anything more vile and repulsive than Conservative "media"?
Obama sycophants now rely on Fox News as a defense for Obama's fecklessness on Benghazi. It is to laugh.
A few words from CPP with a link to the Think Progress item someone linked earlier.
"Just as Darrell Issa and his merry men are ready to engage in another round of Outrage Kabuki on the subject of Benghazi, BENGHAZI!, BENGHAZI!!, some of the air is going out of the balloon already, and the high-pitched whistling seems to have reached a frequency that can be heard at the dog's breakfast known as Fox And Friends. And when you've lost a human tack-hammer like Brian Kilmeade, it's going to be tough to sell anyone smarter, which is, you know, like, everybody. We are at the point now when accepting the existence of the "scandal" requires you to believe that "something" is being covered up, for reasons that cannot be explained. This is familiar to those of us who were alive in the 1990's.I have friends who ask me what the Benghazi business is all about and, beyond saying that it's an opportunistic attempt to hamstring both the current Democratic president, and the woman who's the odds-on choice to run to succeed him, I have nothing to tell them. And those of us whose memories go back a couple of decades recall feeling similarly about another choice bit of Beltway nonsense — Whitewater."Read more: Fox And Friends Benghazi - The Ship Be Sinking - Esquire
FRC's 'Stand with Scouts Sunday' Warns Gays Are Unclean and a Sign of the End Times
Last night, the Family Research Council held a “Stand with Scouts Sunday” event, featuring politicians such as Gov. Rick Perry and Rep. Steve Palazzo, to oppose a proposed resolution that would end the Boy Scouts of America’s ban on gay members who are under the age of eighteen.
Hateful bigots or just crazy?
The answer is "both". And keep in mind, this isn't just some columnist no one reads. This is who the GOP hangs out with.
One of the sad realities of Egypt's transition from dictatorship to democracy. Hopefully there will soon be another revolution for women's rights.
Wow! Liberals have an Hispanic purity test. Wonder how they administer it?
"We are at war. All these troubles are created by these F black peoples to divert our thinking from the main issue to all these stupid things which has no sense."Just a taste of the gibbering hatred going on in the Immigration Reform thread. I miss having a moderator staff.
"Amid 'spy' quarrel, Venezuelan leader calls Obama 'grand chief of devils'"
Geez! What does this commie know that we don't know?
"Dan Savage Wishes Palin Gets Cancer"
"Hate-filled leftist gay activist Dan Savage was at it again Saturday."
With homosexual radicals, it's all about the love.
"After Dismissing Benghazi as 'Fox News's Super-Story,' WaPo's Ignatius Begrudgingly Admits It's A 'Serious Story' "
Now that Obama is safely re-elected, the lapdog media can take notice of Benghazi.
It's up to three whole days now! What a bunch of goobers...
Hispanics and Catholics are certainly not as anti-Semetic as the American left.
"Few in U.S. See Guns, Immigration as Nation's Top Problems"
That 4% will not have much effect on the outcome of future elections.
LOL ya because emergency backups and emergency shut offs are both such out-there concepts...
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
You know what, I'm tired of it too. The reason I accept it is because we're stuck in a society where people have to proclaim it loud and proud because otherwise they will be shunned, bullied and hidden from view. You and all your ilk stop being a prick about it and they can stop coming out in large announcements.
I'm sorry, that was mean. Here I am defending people's rights to proudly be themselves while telling you to not be.
@MementoMori It's not icky if she winks, since I know she's doin' it spechully fur me.
You know what I'm "just tired of"?
Anti-gay bigots whining because society has shifted and they are left standing on the wrong side of history... LOL who am I kidding, I will never tire of that...
Jason is raising money for Obama now. He's not just homosexual, he is also a flaming liberal.
@SirDonQuixotic Wait –
Hamad's corpse was fished out of a lake, his arms bound and his mouth duct-taped; police ruled it a suicide.
"... and which even the three chimps on the davenport..."
Thanks for posting these Ivy. Pierce is my new fave commentator, and he's hilarious!
Sad, demented, homosexual radical wishes cancer on Sarah Palin.
"Boy Scouts who participated in the webcast described homosexuality as unclean and expressed fears that he might “have my buddy come on to me.”"
Yes, let's get the opinion of CHILDREN who have been thoroughly COACHED by their bigoted parents! That will solve the problem...
And keep in mind, this isn't just some columnist no one reads. This is who the GOP hangs out with.
Of course. Bigotry and divisiveness are two of their policy points.
When pigs fly, Tero. Sharia law keeps those gals in their place, right behind camels.
It's a cage match where you lock up a bunch of trolls in a small space and see what happens. 'Winger ugliness on display.
I spent all of 2 minutes there before I was thoroughly disgusted by the hate and ignorance being espoused by these bigots and losers. What a surprise that our resident bigoted troll is there front and centre spewing his hate and stupidity.
@RipperMrsRipper Why stop there. You can teach a 5 year old to shoot while you are at it.
I believe that's normally for abuse of power cases which this is not.
Also, the answer is supposed to be the fifth estate but they've been doing a spectacularly bad job of that as of late.
@Tero Charlie's commenters are also rather good. All worth a read, but I liked this one. "Since the Clinton administration at least, the Republican plan has always been Perpetual War on All Fronts - and it has always astounded me that the most ludicrous far-right talking points are responded to and therefore given credence when a simple, "That's crazy talk." will do".
"expressed fears that he might “have my buddy come on to me.”"
I love Degrassi's response to that:
"You're not that hot"
He's capable of learning. He learns all the time. Whenever he stops responding, it's an implicit admission of defeat on his part.
Which, of course, he'll now deny by throwing an insult at me but that's because he does have the maturity of a 13 year old boy.
How can someone who correctly uses the term "bureaucratic ineptitude" so completely fail when it comes to using the term "abuse of power"?
Abuse of power is to use your power beyond the limits that would implicitly or explicitly be imposed upon your powers. Bureaucratic ineptitude inherently means that you did not use your powers to the extent that you were supposed to (well, technically it means you failed to use your powers to that extent). They're polar opposites.