- Securities and Exchange Commission may force publicly traded corporations to disclose to shareholders all of their political donations in the future
- Sen. Max Baucus retires. Billings Gazette Washington Post
- Questions arise about Jill Abramson‘s stewardship of the New York Times
- Politicize the Boston Marathon. Emotionally, don’t move on
- Ramesh Ponnuru: New immigration bill has one terrible flaw: temporary guest workers
- New Yorker‘s profile on migrant labor
- Apple posts first profit drop in a decade.
- 46 year old Enrico Letta to unite Italy’s governing coalition
- Charges dropped by Mississippi man in ricin case
- CNN may launch a new “Crossfire” with former Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich and former Obama deputy campaign manager Stephanie Cutter. Let’s hope Jon Stewart is their first guest.
The NRA thinks this would be a proper learning environment:
Keep people on edge:
In honor of THAT crazy thread:
I think the Grunwald article is the worst collection of lunatics I've seen posting on Swampland in a very long time.
A legitimate reason to criticize Obama. I didn't like this illegal policy under Bush, I don't like it under Obama. Plus, didn't Obama promise to close it? Maybe if he were a true progressive it would be closed...
I guess that's what happens when you vote against the wishes of your constituents in order to adhere to a backward ideology. Plus she is weak and has absolutely no substance.
The blame America first gang wastes no time crawling from beneath their rocks.
Awww those poor poor bigots are so easily confused...
It appears that 90%b of Americans are not disconsolate over the failure of Obama's gun grabbing.
Hey, I wonder what Michelle Bachmann is up to (besides breaking campaign law)?
This past weekend’s “Awakening” conference, sponsored by the far-right legal and advocacy group Liberty Counsel, attracted several hundred people to First Baptist Church in Oviedo, a suburb of Orlando, Florida. While the turnout was not big enough to fill half of the sanctuary, the event gave an insight into the state of mind of America’s Religious Right leaders.The overall message of the weekend was that America is in spiritual decline and on the verge of total destruction at the hands of dictator-emulating, jihad-enabling socialist President Barack Obama and his religious-freedom-hating allies in the radical homosexual lobby. Many of the speakers reveled in recounting their tales of being persecuted for having the courage to take on left-wing radicals. Other major themes:
- America, or conservative America, is at war – at war with militant Islam, secular humanism, abortionists, a “radical homosexual activist movement,” and with Satan, who inspires those movements.
- President Obama is leading America down the road to socialist tyranny.
- Public schools are left-wing indoctrination centers and there’s no excuse for Christian parents to send their students to a public school. Christian educators should treat public schools as a mission field.
- Conservative political losses among Hispanics and youth are due to lousy public education, media bias, and bad messaging by conservatives. Conservatives can win them over with better messaging and outreach.
- Political action alone will not be enough to save America – only a religious revival and Great Awakening will turn America around, and that requires conservative preachers to be much more aggressive in their preaching, since so much of the church is lukewarm and preaching a useless “happy-clappy” Jesus.
The right just keeps getting crazier and crazier. Oh, and so much for Marco Rubio being some sort of moderate new face of the GOP. He's just another crazy rightwinger.
This sequester nonsense is just plain crazy. I'm already scheduled for some 12 hour days, a few doubles and working on a few of my days off. After Saturday, we have ZERO people to work fill-in. It's all going to be overtime at over $40 an hour. It's not going to save any money. It's going to cost them more than if they lifted the hiring freeze. A new hire is $15 an hour.
I peeked in on that thread not long after it was posted, and it was toxic then. No way am I going back. Not without a hazmat suit.
I've been trying, sacred, but I just can't quite get them to go over the edge.
I just started a rumor about Obama and drones.
Wonder how long it takes for the insane asylum to riot....
I couldn't help myself. I gave them a light poke...
The latest post there (and it is still going strong):
"Mr. Gunwald can go fk himself, ,that is if the government doesn't take away his right to do so"
I don't know where to begin.
I wish there was a digital version of a "roach hotel".
Of course, let's not let it be known that as far as screening for mental illness is concerned, they're a gold mine.
I took a quick peek but felt dirty just reading those comments. What a collection a terrible people...
Are they still frothing over there? My God...
We need to close that place.
@Tero Maybe if he had not had both Republicans and Democrats wetting their diapers at the possibility that the Gitmo prisoners might come to this country - even to a new super max prison that was looking for inmates - and screaming to the high heavens, NIMBY, it would have been closed. Silly geese, all of them.
They were outside her campaign headquarters here with signs and chants on Saturday. It's like the Election all over again, believing that any polls but theirs are lying.
If Obama is such a dangerous dictator, then why can't he get any of his agenda passed? And when will these idiots understand that words have actual meanings?
@MementoMori As long as she is at war with Satan, perhaps she should glance at his in the closet minion, AKA her husband.
The original idea debated by the Bush Administration was that the convenience of Gitmo lay in the fact that it was not on US territory.
Thus allowing a little legal "sleight of hand" relating to treatment of prisoners.
If Obama's such a leftist liberal, why am I disappointed that he's not making serious progress on all of the agendas I support as a liberal?
@Sue_N Worst Dictator ever! You would think he'd at least hang or torture a few of them to get his point across.
We never do, if you happen to have noticed.
We know which side of your bread our butter is on..
I happen to be God's gift to earth. Remember that if you're ever tempted to disagree with me on any subject.
Don, I took a peek. Now, I may be a fat pudding, stuffed with proverbs, but I must warn you... "Whether the stone hits the pitcher, or the pitcher hits the stone, it's going to be bad for the pitcher."
...check back with me because I haven't worked out who's who yet in that analogy.
We did but we wore icky stuff suits.
Quite splooty, if you ask me.
Well, if you go look at the Grunwald article about "Tread on Me" you'll find that the GOP and Al-Queda are in agreement on many, many things.