- A new pope! Pope Francis, previously Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio, is the first Pope from the New World and the first Jesuit. Click here for the conclave vote breakdown.
- Neither New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) or Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell (R) was invited to speak at the Conservative Political Acton Conference (CPAC) this weekend.
- North Korea engages in artillery exercises. South Korean Prime Minister visits the island attacked by the North in 2010.
- The political risk for Maryland Gov. Martin O’Malley in repealing the death penalty.
- In a small victory for gay rights, Sen. Rand Paul endorses “neutral language,” striking marriage from the tax code.
- Republicans are as conservative as ever.
- Afghan President Hamid Karzai’s remarks have put U.S. troops in danger.
- Former President George H.W. Bush gets hit by a flash mob at Texas A&M.
The Press Has Turned on Paul Ryan His budget made the big mistake of betraying his cynicism
What The Media Need To Know About CPAC 2013
GOP Civil War: Conservative Activists Warn Crossroads Donors Away From New Rove Group
Those poor people. Left to suffer while docked in a paradise like St. Maarten. How did they cope? How will they ever recover from the nightmare?
Amusingly despite the bleating that the Socialist is destroying the economy, consumer spending was up last month.
It probably didn't help his case when he was called to the stand and he commented on how delicious the prosecutor looked.
Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-TX): ‘Vietnam Was Winnable’
Feinstein Snaps At Cruz: ‘I’m Not A Sixth Grader’
Damn! No wonder Obama wants to cancel tours of the White House.
"Pelosi is for Balancing the Budget— ‘In a Number of Decades’ "
Nancy is all for a balanced budget long after she assumes room temperature.
One definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over while each time expecting a different outcome.
@nflfoghorn Link seems to be broken nflfoghorn.
@nflfoghorn Around and around we go!
@DonQuixotic You know, I know it's easy to mock these people. But they paid (and paid handsomely) for a cruise, and they're getting shafted. A couple who were on the Triumph go to my church. They're not wealthy. They save up for these vacations. I know I'd be pissed in their place.
Actually, my understanding is that they were forced to remain on the boat with no working plumbing for a few days while docked in St Maarten.
@DonQuixotic Well the weather in St Maarten was overcast and a chilly 69 degrees for much of today.
@mantisdragon91 Just goes to show how incompetent Obama is. He's not even good at socialism.
@nflfoghorn Remove the air supply.
All but one.
@DonQuixotic > "A document found on his wife's laptop was titled "Abducting and Cooking Kimberly -- A Blueprint."
Order! Order in the court!
(Groucho Marx voice): "I'll have the prosecutor on rye, hold the mayo, with a side of Kim...chee."
@DonQuixotic Oh, gross!
Where do they find these people? Better question; where do they find people to vote for them?
It sure wasn't winnable once the Democrat party changed sides.
"HO, HO, HO CHI MINH! THE NLF IS GONNA WIN!"
"Vietnam was winnable, but people in Washington decided we would not win it!"
Yeah, LBJ and Nixon were such softies, right?
A sixth grader probably has got a better grasp of the US Constitution than the Dianne Feinstein (D - La La Land)
Knowing what they're teaching at schools in Texas these days, Cruz would probably consider that a compliment.
@paulejb Than she has something in common with Paul Ryan seeing that his budget will take decades to work and is based on assumptions as likely as finding Big Foot scavenging in a New York City dumpster.
@paulejb Yep the same idea advocated by every economist with a brain. How less stimulus working in Europe?
@TeroGohmert is a "winner".
@DonQuixotic Just like Iraq and Afghanistan are "winnable".
@paulejb @retiredvet Senator Dianne Fienstein was there and helped try to save Mayor George Moscone and Supervisor Harvey Milk in San Francisco in November 1978, She has been a faithful public servant for over 35 years.
Go put your "Purple Heart Bandage" back on.
@DonQuixotic She's been on the Judiciary Committee for 20 years and Cruz is what? 15?
No offense to Sue.
Not enough lives were lost I guess.