- How Bad Will It Be?
- Does This Mean I Don’t Have to Pay My Taxes Because the IRS Will Be Shut Down?
- Why Is This Happening Again?
- Why All This Focus On Cuts? Wasn’t The Latest Election About Which Party Could Create More Jobs?
- What About Monthly Social Security Checks, Medicare and Veteran benefits?
- When Will the Two Sides Come to the Table and Strike a Deal?
- Is There Any Way to Limit the Damage?
- What Does “Sequester” Mean?
The Repubs are at it again. Their main agenda is to throw a monkey wrench into the Obama woodworks so that when it fails, they can come up smelling like roses for the next election. So it's all politics first, never mind the consequences to the country and to the world. And I thought the US of A was the model of a working democracy!
I think sequestration is one of Obama few good ideas. In fact I would like to see:
- A forced 20% rightsizing of all government agencies over the next two years.
- A constitutional amendment to balance the budget
- A move over the next two years to Fair Tax with no exemptions of any kind
- A move over the next two years to have all government expenses at all levels posted on the Internet by element of expense in real time with each transaction
- Eliminate ALL taxes except Fair Tax at all levels of government.
- Full documentation posted on the Internet in real time of how each level of government intends to allocate the Fair Tax. Allocation to include a distribution to school districts for that portion of the school district within that government's boundary.
- A running balance sheet posted in real time on the Internet by each level of government.
- Receipts for all transactions available in real time and posted on the Internet
The massive federal debt will be a problem in coming years, most economists say, but is not right now.
And there in a nutshell is all you have to know about the ENTIRE last three years. The Republicans whole plan is to make matters worse no matter what.