Congress could grant the White House authority to make smarter cuts and perhaps put the blame on Obama in the process. Budgeters could delay some reductions until later in the year to buy Congress time to rewrite the law, but that would be risky. “If these cuts are concentrated into an even shorter period, there will be an even deeper cliff,” Werfel says.
- How Bad Will It Be?
- Does This Mean I Don’t Have to Pay My Taxes Because the IRS Will Be Shut Down?
- Why Is This Happening Again?
- Why All This Focus On Cuts? Wasn’t The Latest Election About Which Party Could Create More Jobs?
- What About Monthly Social Security Checks, Medicare and Veteran benefits?
- When Will the Two Sides Come to the Table and Strike a Deal?
- Is There Any Way to Limit the Damage?
- What Does “Sequester” Mean?