- Just how many gun laws are there?
- Charlie Cook writes that the U.S. is going through an energy renaissance .
- Sen. Bob Menendez must now respond to charges from an anonymous prostitute.
- The “right way” to cut Pentagon spending cannot be through sequestration.
- Obama meets with labor and immigration leaders. House holds immigration hearings.
- Justice Department concludes that the U.S. government can order the killing of American citizens (through drone or otherwise) if they are believed to be “senior operational leaders” of al-Qaida or “an associated force.”
- Republican governors seek to revive their party by acting on old ideas: spur growth by cutting personal and corporate income taxes. Many are compensating with the loss in revenue with an increase in sales taxes.
- House Republicans struggle with the Violence Against Women Act despite a large majority of the Senate likely to approve the bill this week. 56% of women voted for a Democrat to be elected to the House in 2012.
- Mitt Romney’s son Tagg will not run for U.S. Senate. Perhaps Rafalca will step up.
As I look at these pictures I notices a few things; some of them looks completely staged. Like Bush and Reagan (even TR) but perhaps most of all. Only 1 is with a clear military weapon. Most of them are either using hunting rifles or meant for sport.
None of them are shooting assault style weapons from the hip. Why is that? Maybe because these presidents never confused the 2nd amendment with the need for weapons only meant to kill people compared to weapons meant for sport and livelihood.
"Consumers Taking Financial Hit From Rising Fuel Prices"
A faltering Obama economy and still gas prices rise.
"Seven million will lose insurance under Obama health law"
"President Obama's health care law will push 7 million people out of their job-based insurance coverage — nearly twice the previous estimate, according to the latest estimates from the Congressional Budget Office released Tuesday."
You people cannot say that you weren't warned.
Well, I've got to take a shower and run a couple of errands before I go to work. Remember, I'm not just another over-paid godless federal employee that leans socialist and wants to rip apart the fabric of society, I look just like YOU! I walk among you. I shop at the same stores. I go to the same banks. I go to see the same movies (except tear jerkers and chick flicks...they suck). The next time some clean cut white guy is standing next to you...it could be ME. Try sleeping at night now.
In defense of the Violence Against Women Act since Paul doesn't seem to actually care about women or what happens to them (certainly not when he's fighting against their very rights):
VAWA has created positive change. Since VAWA was passed:
• Fewer people are experiencing domestic violence.
Between 1993 to 2010, the rate of intimate partner violence declined 67%;
Between 1993 to 2007, the rate of intimate partner homicides of females decreased 35% and the rate of intimate partner homicides of males decreased 46%.
• More victims are reporting domestic and sexual violence to police, and reports to police are resulting in more arrests.
• States have reformed their laws to take violence against women more seriously:
All states have reformed laws that previously treated date or spousal rape as a lesser crime than stranger rape;
All states have passed laws making stalking a crime;
All states have authorized warrantless arrests in misdemeanor domestic violence cases where the responding officer determines that probable cause exists;
All states provide for criminal sanctions for the violation of a civil protection order;
Many states have passed laws prohibiting polygraphing of rape victims;
Over 35 states, the District of Columbia, and the U.S. Virgin Islands have adopted laws addressing domestic and sexual violence, and stalking in the workplace. These laws vary widely and may offer a victim time off from work to address the violence in their lives, protect victims from employment discrimination related to the violence, and/or provide unemployment insurance to survivors who must leave their jobs because of the abuse.
"Violence Against Women?"
"The irony of this entire debate is that it comes on the heels of the Pentagon’s announcement that women will be placed in direct ground combat, opening the door for them to serve in the most violent jobs, including infantry and special forces. So at the same time they pursue a gender-neutral society – one which will forever change the way women are viewed in violent situations – liberals are seeking to expand the role of the federal government in an ineffective program to protect women."
North Korean propaganda looks a lot like that produced by the DNC.
Gas prices go up - Obamas fault. Gas prices goes down - not because of Obama. When you hate a person because of what you think they vote for, you tend to sound stupid.
But at least petty twits like you make people vote for our guys so by putting up with your nonsensical whining Democrats can keep winning. What we do here is a community service. We keep you away from traffic, the out doors and kids and women everywhere. And you help us win politically.
Thanks. Keep up the, whatever work you think you're doing.
@paulejb All the more reason we should be thankful that he is imposing tighter CAFE standards on the auto industry
The President doesn't control gas prices. If you're implying he does, should we thank him for the months and months we've had of lowering gas prices?
CBO said that this year's tax cuts have changed the incentives for businesses and made it less attractive to pay for insurance, meaning fewer will decide to do so. Instead, they'll choose to pay a penalty to the government, totaling $13 billion in higher fees over the next decade.
We need to be warned that sleezy, greedy businesses will continue to put executive profits above their employees needs?
But the non-partisan agency also expects fewer people to have to pay individual penalties to the IRS than it earlier projects, because of a better method for calculating incomes that found more people will be exempt.
You're not fooling me comrade. I can smell a taxpayer leech like you a mile away. You're too normal to be good.
The next low information voter I see might well be you, sacredh.
@sacredh Was that you I saw last week with all the tattoos and long hair shaking a sandwich sign?
"I'm not a Socialist, I'm you :-) "
That thought scares us all.
- The last reauthorization expanded the programs and protections to the elderly and children. This one would expand “coverage” to men, homosexuals, transgendered individuals and prisoners. After all, in a liberal marriage you have to have some way of identifying the husband and the wife. Nonetheless, this will force shelters for battered women to service …well, some other individuals as well.
- It expands the definition of domestic violence to include causing “emotional distress” or using “unpleasant speech.”
- It expands the law’s reach to give tribal Indian authorities jurisdiction over non-Indians accused of domestic violence within the borders of an Indian reservation.
- It would grant more visas to illegal immigrants who claim to be victims of domestic abuse.
- Defense against "unpleasant speech." Where does that leave sacredh?
@paulejb Interesting you quote redstate since violence against women does tend to be much higher in the "red states"
@paulejb Thanks for reminding me, paulie.
One of the 8 Senator who voted against the Violence Against Women Act was Marco Rubio. So much for any claim he had on being a member of the new, saner GOP. He's no less an extremist than paulie is, no matter what he says.
Are you really arguing semantics between soldiers being in combat and a citizen facing violence? Good lord Paul, I know you're thick, but really...
Because serving your nation with the risk of your own life is the same thing as being allowed to be beat to a pulp by some troglodyte without help or recourse. You do realize that when our men and women goes to combat they have the entire support of their country and it's people behind them. We will spend millions to save their lives and heal them if they get wounded.
But it's just the same as treating women like dirt.
We shouldn't be surprised why a guy like you are not popular with the opposite sex.
Keep it up. Move votes for Democrats when you and your party act like loons Paul.
North Korean propaganda looks a lot like that produced by the DNC.
paulejb is always up for ways to beat his own previous pathetic posts.
Bravo *slow clap*
Royal pricks like paulejb gets the icky when he deal with us peasants and hippies.
@nflfoghorn He has a crush on Ann Romney.
The last reauthorization expanded the programs and protections to the elderly and children. This one would expand “coverage” to men, homosexuals, transgendered individuals and prisoners. After all, in a liberal marriage you have to have some way of identifying the husband and the wife. Nonetheless, this will force shelters for battered women to service …well, some other individuals as well.
Suddenly your opposition becomes so clear.
The republican party is insane. They thought Palin was an alternative to Hillary just because she was a woman. They thought Michael Steele was an answer to Obama just because he was black. They honestly think Rubio is going to get them the Latino vote just because he's Latino?
But the accent and the tan makes him the perfect token. All GOP on the inside, and all other on the outside. GOP got one too.
And racist and homophobic. Why stop with one when you can be all three, right?
The right has become so painfully stupid.
Women aren't being "pushed" into combat roles. They're fighting for that right because they're patriotic Americans that are willing to fight and die for their country.