TIME’s photo editors bring you the best pictures of the past week from the Beltway and beyond.
More Photography from Time
- The Ground Zero of Immigration: El Paso
- Scandal, Storms and Weiner: The Best Political Photos in May
- Team Rubicon Helps Recovery Efforts After Oklahoma Tornado
- Photos: At the White House Correspondents’ Dinner
- The White House Correspondents Pre-Party: Photos Inside the TIME-People ‘Welcome Reception’
- Presidential Reunion: Scenes from the Opening of the Bush Library
Volunteer: Honey, I've been on the phone all night. I've called you 6 times, my sister three times, I made an appoinment to get the brakes checked out and Mitt calls every 5 minutes to see if the line is busy.
chupkar, I switched registration last year (un-necessarily it turned out) so that I could vote in the republican primary. I've gotten calls and mailings claiming that I'm "One of the leading conservative voices in my area" and asking for me to send cash and volunteer. Jesus Christ, I make Ted Kennedy look like Rush Limbaugh.
@sacredh This is the first time I have ever received calls from the republican candidate. Not only that but there have been MANY robocalls, featuring Mitt himself begging me for money. Never. Before. They are just spamming all voter registration I think hoping to hit discontents.