TIME’s photo editors bring you the best pictures of the past week from the Beltway and beyond.
More Photography from Time
- State of the Union: Handshakes, Hugs and Photo Ops
- First Lady Fashion: 17 Inaugural Gowns That Stood the Test of Time
- 9/11: The Photographs That Moved Them Most
- Carrying the Weight of Syria, Obama Visits Sweden and Russia
- Thousands March on Washington to Honor MLK’s Legacy
- Eugene Allen, the Man Behind The Butler
Mitt: Paul couldn't be here today because it's...it's...you know...Florida and he's not allowed to make me lose Florida because you know..I...I...really want to be President or something really important. Jesus! Look at how tall those trees are!
Romney: How many of you out there paid more than 20% in taxes? GET OUT! We don't want people too stupid to evade taxes to hear what I'm going to say next.
The photo of Reagan riding his trusty steed isn't comparing Romney to Reagan, it's comparing Romney to a horse's @ss.