- Obama says he can’t change Washington from the inside, which is pretty much him saying that he thinks public pressure is more effective than backroom arm-twisting.
- A blow-by-blow of the first Warren-Brown debate. The Republican opened with the heritage issue.
- Tim Kaine misfires on the 47%.
- Romney responds to a question about his latest campaign strategy:
“Ha ha. We’re in the stretch aren’t we? Look at those clouds. It’s beautiful,” he said, pointing to the sky. “Look at those things.”
- Dr. Rove diagnoses his symptoms.
- In case any Republicans with buyer’s remorse are wondering what Rick Perry is up to these days:
Rick Perry, speaking on a conference call with Christian conservatives Tuesday, called the separation between church and state a false premise that is advanced by the devil.
“I think Todd Akin was the choice of the people in Missouri, and Todd Akin has publicly apologized,” Gingrich said. “I just think people ought to be a little cautious about saying the voters of Missouri don’t count.”