During his first foreign trip as the presumptive Republican presidential nominee in July, Romney questioned London’s preparedness for the Summer Games, insulting America’s closest ally in the process. Britain’s Prime Minister David Cameron shot back, “We are holding an Olympic Games in one of the busiest, most active, bustling cities anywhere in the world. Of course it’s easier if you hold an Olympic Games in the middle of nowhere,” an apparent jab at the games Romney had overseen in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Thanks for liking TIME’s Top 10 Everything of 2012 List. Like TIME on Facebook now for more breaking news and current events from around the globe.
- Romney: 47% of Americans are Entitled Obama Supporters
- “I Don’t Care About the Very Poor.”
- “Ann Drives a Couple of Cadillacs.”
- “After My Election I Have More Flexibility.”
- Biden: “Comfortable” with Gay Marriage
- “Polish Death Camp”
- “The Private Sector Is Doing Fine.”
- “If You’ve Got a Business, You Didn’t Build That.”
- Romney: London Olympic Preparations Were “Disconcerting”
- Biden: Romney “Gonna Put Y’all Back in Chains”