Mitt Romney loves cars, but he went overboard on the car talk during a speech at Ford Field in Detroit on February 24, revealing that his wife Ann owns more than one Cadillac–a setback for his effort to seem like a regular Joe. While Romney played up his family history in the automobile industry, the press and his opponents largely focused on the Cadillac line. “A chicken in every pot and a luxury sedan in every driveway” doesn’t have the same ring.
Thanks for liking TIME’s Top 10 Everything of 2012 List. Like TIME on Facebook now for more breaking news and current events from around the globe.
- Romney: 47% of Americans are Entitled Obama Supporters
- “I Don’t Care About the Very Poor.”
- “Ann Drives a Couple of Cadillacs.”
- “After My Election I Have More Flexibility.”
- Biden: “Comfortable” with Gay Marriage
- “Polish Death Camp”
- “The Private Sector Is Doing Fine.”
- “If You’ve Got a Business, You Didn’t Build That.”
- Romney: London Olympic Preparations Were “Disconcerting”
- Biden: Romney “Gonna Put Y’all Back in Chains”