TIME’s photo editors bring you the best pictures of the past week from the Beltway and beyond.
More Photography from Time
- State of the Union: Handshakes, Hugs and Photo Ops
- First Lady Fashion: 17 Inaugural Gowns That Stood the Test of Time
- D.C. Horror: Shooting at Navy Yard
- 9/11: The Photographs That Moved Them Most
- Carrying the Weight of Syria, Obama Visits Sweden and Russia
- Thousands March on Washington to Honor MLK’s Legacy
Why is Obama using his left hand to handshake? Goes to show, it's a fake photo. There was no one there with him when the picture was taken. More phoney Obama promoting.
Seriously? This is the best you can do for a photo contest in the heat of a presidential election season? Gotta say it: this swamp just ain't what it used to be.
#7 – Farm Owner: Psst, Sec. Northey, what are we looking for again?
Northey: Well, after all those recent Romney gaffes, last night Gov. Branstad privately told him if he wants to win he needs to go find a clue. So we’re looking for one. Just play along and be nice. Say nice things about his pretty wife and horse too.
#7 – Romney: I know I need the votes, but for Pete’s sake, this is the last time I campaign thru Iowa. Rafalca has to be here somewhere.
#8 – Agent 99: See any Romney supporters yet?
Agent Smart: Nope, been looking all summer, but missed it by that much.
#10 – Sec. Serv. Agent: JFC, I wish Obama would cut his speech short today. I gotta go really bad. Maybe if I kick the teleprompter over….
Thanks for the pix, but THIS is a photo album...