Another full day and I’ll be posting about it tomorrow, after some sleep. Meanwhile, today’s playlist:
1. “Tennessee Pusher” by Old Crow Medicine Show–if Breaking Bad were a bluegrass band, it would be these guys.
2. “Get on the Good Foot” by James Brown–amazing how vital this still is.
3. “Little Darlin’” by Buddy and Julie Miller–I love her voice; he’s the essential Nashville studio musician.
4. “The Last Laugh” by Mark Knopfler–a duet with Van Morrison, who comes in unannounced, fresh as a mountain stream.
5. “Skin Tight” by Walter “Wolfman “Washington–old-fashioned big band blues by a New Orleans legend.