In Arizona, 29.6% of the population claim Latino roots, a group that could prove crucial in the 2012 general election. With Republicans debating in Arizona ahead of next Tuesday’s primary, photographer Matt Slaby visited Arizona to document the lives of Latinos in Arizona for TIME.
More Photography from Time
- State of the Union: Handshakes, Hugs and Photo Ops
- First Lady Fashion: 17 Inaugural Gowns That Stood the Test of Time
- 9/11: The Photographs That Moved Them Most
- Carrying the Weight of Syria, Obama Visits Sweden and Russia
- Thousands March on Washington to Honor MLK’s Legacy
- Eugene Allen, the Man Behind The Butler