In Arizona, 29.6% of the population claim Latino roots, a group that could prove crucial in the 2012 general election. With Republicans debating in Arizona ahead of next Tuesday’s primary, photographer Matt Slaby visited Arizona to document the lives of Latinos in Arizona for TIME.
More Photography from Time
- Photos: At the White House Correspondents’ Dinner
- The White House Correspondents Pre-Party: Photos Inside the TIME-People ‘Welcome Reception’
- Presidential Reunion: Scenes from the Opening of the Bush Library
- Front Row Seat: Eric Draper on George W. Bush
- Inside the George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum
- Secretary of State John Kerry’s First Overseas Trip