- The economy adds 200,000 jobs in December as unemployment falls to 8.5%. The broader U-6 measure plunged to 15.2%.
- A typo may have swung Iowa, not that it really matters.
- The Boston Globe endorses Huntsman, dings Romney.
- Gingrich says he’ll tell the NAACP, “the African American community should demand paychecks and not be satisfied with food stamps.’’
- Santorum won’t hold fire on Newt.
- He may not be instantly loved by South Carolina’s conservatives.
- He’s edging up in New Hampshire.
- First Read tallies ad spending at present:
New Hampshire: Our Destiny PAC (pro-Huntsman) $1.8 million, Paul $1.5 million, Romney $1 million, Perry $234,000, Santorum $30,000.
South Carolina: Make Us Great Again $1.8 million, Romney $555,000, Perry $220,000, Paul $219,000, Restore Our Future $147,000, Santorum $12,000
Florida: Romney $823,000, Restore Our Future $790,000