- Gingrich takes double-digit leads in Iowa and South Carolina.
- Republicans rate him most “acceptable;” he’s a big hit among Tea Partyers and seniors.
- Romney’s end-of-term purge of state computers cost Massachusetts taxpayers $100,000.
- Lead plaintiff in flagship legal challenge to Obama health reform files for bankruptcy.
- Obama to channel Teddy Roosevelt in Osawatomie.
- Sticks and stones break Wall Streeter’s bones.
- Inequality rises across OECD countries.
- A gloomy budget forecast for 2012.
- And Mexican presidential candidate Enrique Pena Nieto pulls off the rare “Palin–Perry“:
Mexico’s leading presidential contender floundered in confusion for about four minutes when the audience at a book fair asked him to name three books that had influenced him. He was able to correctly name only one he has read “parts of:” the Bible.