- Romney’s first paid TV ad, which is set for a six figure buy in New Hampshire:
(The quote “If we keep talking about the economy, we’re going to lose” was Obama playfully channeling the McCain campaign.)
- Obama says he’ll veto any effort to dismantle the supercommittee’s automatic cuts.
- The short-term question following the committee’s failure is whether jobless benefits and the payroll tax cut will get extended.
- Larry Summers on inequality.
- A chart of money, all of it, everywhere.
- Obama’s Asia tour was well executed.
- Read all of this piece about Herman Cain and The Holy Land Experience, not just the casual bigotry bit.
- This week in Newtisms: the CBO is a “reactionary socialist institution.” When elected, he’ll teach a Kaplan-style online course from the White House. (Best part: “It will be free.”)
- And Romney’s closest brush with personal scandal.