- Boehner orders up infrastructure, aviation and trade bills. Het gets prickly with Obama on jobs.
- The White House weighs a plan to woo private firms into a bigger role in housing finance.
- Romney continues Sino saber-rattling on trade.
- Perry will give Palin-esque policy speech on domestic energy.
- Cain doesn’t have a primary strategy.
- What 9-9-9 would do for an average family’s tax burden.
- Tallying the debate barbs, Perry’s been the most targeted, but Romney’s not far behind. The difference is effectiveness.
- Obama disapproval hardens.
- Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab pleads guilty to all counts in civilian court. Eric Holder takes a victory lap:
“Contrary to what some have claimed, today’s plea removes any doubt that our courts are one of the most effective tools we have to fight terrorism and keep the American people safe.”