Mitt Romney recently made news when he decided to bulldoze his oceanfront home in California and rebuild it as an 11,000 square foot, two-story behemoth. TIME looks at the abodes of some of the GOPers trying to make the jump from their houses to the White House in 2012.
More Photography from Time
- State of the Union: Handshakes, Hugs and Photo Ops
- First Lady Fashion: 17 Inaugural Gowns That Stood the Test of Time
- D.C. Horror: Shooting at Navy Yard
- 9/11: The Photographs That Moved Them Most
- Carrying the Weight of Syria, Obama Visits Sweden and Russia
- Thousands March on Washington to Honor MLK’s Legacy