1. Shakespeare and Blink 182 don’t have anything to match this: “Taliban gunmen executed a young couple in southern Afghanistan for trying to elope, shooting them with rifles in front of a crowd in a lawless, militant-controlled region, officials said Tuesday. The woman, 19, and the man, 21, were accused by the militants of immoral acts, and a council of conservative clerics decided that the two should be killed, said Ghulam Dastagir Azad, the governor of the southwestern province of Nimroz.”
2. Tell me in the comments if you can read this and not feel a bit, er, uncomfortable.
3. Condi Rice decides it is best not to disturb Tiger Woods.
4. Bernie Sanders wants to find the other 16 socialists in the U.S. Senate. It’s so lonely.
5. And the best reason to wake up at 6:35 a.m. in Washington D.C. (Garrison Keillor’s Writer’s Almanac on WAMU) delivers a beauty today.