TotT is a daily rundown of campaign events, compiled by Katie Rooney.
After last night’s debate, the majority of the Democratic presidential candidates – including New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson (D), Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL), Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-NY), Sen. Chris Dodd (D-CT), former Sen. John Edwards (D-NC) and Sen. Joe Biden (D-DE) – decided to remain in South Carolina throughout the weekend, or at least through Friday evening. The most popular events take place tonight – the South Carolina Jefferson-Jackson dinner is at 6 p.m. and Rep. Jim Clayburn’s annual fish fry kicks off at 9 p.m. Saturday most Dems head to California for the Democratic Party Convention.
Here’s where some of the other candidates will be this weekend:
* Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) continues celebrating the official launch of his 2008 presidential campaign. Friday he’ll be in Iowa, hosting rallies in Des Moines at 11:30 a.m. and Sioux City at 5 p.m. Saturday he’ll be in Nevada, stopping in Elko County for a rally at 10 a.m., then heading to Tempe, Ariz. at 3 p.m., which ends his announcement tour.
* Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee (R) will be in Iowa Friday — first as a guest on the local radio show, “The Jam Mickelson Show” then at a private house party in Cedar Falls. Saturday he’ll attend the Story County GOP breakfast in Ames, speak at the “Spring Into Action – Diabetes 2007 Conference” in Des Moines, hold a “Meet Mike Huckabee Event” in North Newton, then speak at the Iowa Right to Life Spring Fling in Cambridge followed by the Union County GOP event in Creston.
* Rep. Duncan Hunter (R-CA) attends Grayson County’s Lincoln Day dinner in Texas Saturday.
* Rep. Dennis Kucinich (D-OH) speaks at the California State Democratic Convention at 10 a.m. Saturday, then he’ll appear at the San Francisco New Living Expo at 8:45 p.m. Sunday he’ll be at the University of North Carolina-Asheville for the day participating in a town hall-styled conference throughout the evening.
* Aside from the main events, Richardson also has lunch with Hispanic leaders and meets with AARP chapter presidents in Columbia Friday. The rest of the weekend he’s engaged in speaking events, talking to the South Carolina Democratic Convention Saturday morning, the California Democratic Progressive Caucus in the evening, followed by a keynote speech to the California Young Democrats at 10 p.m. Sunday he speaks to the California Democratic Party Convention in San Diego at 9 a.m., the Save Darfur Rally in San Francisco at 4 p.m. and the Carson City Democrats Jefferson-Jackson dinner in Nevada at 6:30 p.m.
* Obama also hosts a town hall forum at a high school in Charleston Friday before heading to the main events. Saturday he’s with the rest of the Dems in California.
* Clinton participates in a forum Friday hosted by the Greater Greenville Chamber of Commerce at 11 a.m., then holds a town hall-style conversation with South Carolinians at noon before stopping by the evening hot spots.
* Dodd hosts an open breakfast Friday at 8:30 a.m. in Orangeburg, a “kitchen table meeting” on homeownership in Columbia and then his wife Jackie Clegg Dodd hosts a luncheon in Newberry at 11:30 a.m.
* Edwards hosts a Happy Hour at McDougall’s Restaurant in Columbia from 5:30 until 7 p.m. Friday, then attends both the South Carolina Democratic Convention Saturday and the California Democratic Convention Sunday.
*Biden addresses the Democratic Women’s Council Breakfast at 7:30 a.m. Saturday, then speaks at the South Carolina Democratic Convention at 10:30 a.m.